Advanced Data Analyst / Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for an Advanced Data Analyst / Data Scientist (f/m/d) for its regional Center of Excellence team “EUCAN Advanced Analytics” located in Vienna. The members of this team will be responsible for driving advanced analytics capabilities and providing business-critical insights in Human Pharma (Marketing & Sales, Medicine), and make them available to various user groups across EUCAN region (Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Israel, Canada).
This position will bring unique value to the organization by fostering insights, expertise, and collaboration across all EUCAN markets. It will advance decision making in EUCAN, by leveraging high-quality analytical expertise and driving standardized and consolidated insights, to empower teams to focus on patient and customer engagements.
In addition to all other excellent development offers provided by default, this position also provides the opportunity to participate in training programs provided by our internal Data Science Academy to upskill in the areas of data engineering and/or data science.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will actively engage in area of data integration and modelling by being the expert for all topics related to data analysis and processing, and so support the team with your expertise and guidance
- You will manage and drive data sourcing, including all aspects of the data supply chain
- You will drive innovation and provide critical inputs and actionable insights by exploring the data and applying advanced analytics techniques
- You will communicate across different data stakeholders to ensure the right data is managed and handled by the right groups
- You will develop, optimize and apply advanced analytics algorithms (statistical or AI/ML) for the relevant business questions
- University degree (Economics, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Data Science) or equivalent work experience with 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar data analyst, data scientist, data engineer or business intelligence consultancy position, in pharmaceutical industry (particularly human pharma marketing / sales)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, Exasol) and SQL, including best practices and experience in the area of data integration & modelling for classical data warehouses (e.g. star and snowflake schemas), and common scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) to turn data into actionable insights and apply advanced analytics techniques
- Experience with project and demand management, including agile methods (e.g. Scrum) and tools (particularly Atlassian Stack / Jira)
- Knowledge and understanding of visualization tools (particularly Tableau) to complement data analysis and cloud solutions (e.g. Amazon Web Services) are a plus
- Fluency in oral and written English, German or any other language is a plus, in combination with very good communication and presentation skills as well as an innovative and self-motivated personality with high customer orientation
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Economy/Bio-Sciences Combination, IT / Bio-Sciences Combination, Data Science / Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard