(Associate) Principal Scientist Cancer Research (m/f/d)
We are seeking a scientifically excellent principal scientist to join our Cancer Research team in Vienna as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will utilize deep knowledge of cancer biology and an extensive scientific network to manage a laboratory focused on developing tumor cell directed antibody projects in areas of cancer biology to ensure delivery of a portfolio that provides maximum benefit to patients. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Direct a laboratory responsible for identifying new cancer drug targets and novel mechanisms of action inducing specific cancer cell death
- Developing accompanying antibody profiling assays
- Lead or actively contribute to multi-disciplinary antibody drug discovery teams including drug development, pharmacology, medical and marketing functions
- Prepare scientific data for patent applications, presentations at internal and external meetings, and publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions worldwide
- PhD in Biology or equivalent degree in the life sciences and at least three years of post-doctoral experience
- Scientific focus on the molecular mechanisms driving cancer biology
- Evidence of driving successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
- Candidates with experience in therapeutic antibodies would be prioritized/considered favorably
- Excellent team spirit, communication, and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German of advantage)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard