(Associate) Principal Scientist, Discovery Research/Cancer Immunology Drug Discovery (m/f/d)
We are seeking a scientifically excellent principal scientist to join our Cancer Immunology team in Vienna as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will utilize deep knowledge of immune cell biology and an extensive scientific network to direct a laboratory focused on identifying and validating novel therapeutic concepts in areas of cancer immunology. The candidate will thereby contribute to the delivery of an immunotherapy portfolio that provides maximum benefit to patients and shape the future treatment of cancer.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead a team of highly motivated cell biologists responsible for the discovery of novel cancer immunology targets and mechanisms
- Responsible for driving immunotherapy programs as part of a global multi-disciplinary project team, including biotherapeutic molecule creators, pharmacology, and medical functions
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Initiate and coordinate external innovation collaborations with leading academic institutions and biotech partner
- PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences and at least three years postdoctoral experience, with previous drug discovery experience in the area of cancer immunotherapy an advantage
- A scientific background in immune priming and tumour antigen presentation is desirable
- Evidence of leading successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
- Excellent team working, communication and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard