(Associate) Principal Scientist Research (m/f/d) Medicinal Chemistry – 3 years temporary position
We are seeking a scientifically excellent principal scientist to join our Medicinal Chemistry team in Vienna as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will utilise deep knowledge of organic synthesis, an extensive scientific network and outstanding leadership skills to head a laboratory focused on supporting all areas of cancer biology to ensure delivery of drugs that provide maximum benefit to patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design and supervise the synthesis of novel drug candidates
- Evaluate data sets and employ structure-based design to develop strategies aimed at drug optimization
- Generate experimentally testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making
- Demonstrate scientific leadership by efficient coordination of 2 or more coworkers
- Closely work together with experts in medicinal chemistry, cancer genetics, pharmacology, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, structural research, patents, medicine and marketing – locally and globally
- Effectively collaborate with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research Organization (industry and academia)
- Regularly report results in a clear and concise manner to Senior Management written and orally
- PhD in organic chemistry with specialization in synthetic organic chemistry
- Post-doctoral training in academia/or industrial research experience – in the field of synthetic organic chemistry, methodology/catalysis, chemical biology or medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated leadership in multi-disciplinary teams with the will to challenge the status quo and a focused sense for the essential
- Proven scientific track record, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, patents and presentations
- Excellent communicational and organizational skills
- Experience in the field of synthesis of heterocyclic molecules is beneficial but not required
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Chemistry, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard