Cloud Solution Architect BIAA (m/f/d)
Our IT EDS Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics team is looking for a Solution Architect. Within the team we drive and support high quality, value-adding and user-centric solutions to our customers in Scientific area. As solution architect you will be responsible for technical implementation services, product subject-matter-expertise, and advanced use-case solutions (understand requirements, analyse information, and design comprehensive solutions) and lead projects in the new AWS environment being implemented in close collaboration with Project/product team (e.g. Project managers, Scrum master, Product Owner, business analysts, vendors and other key stakeholders) to craft solutions that are aligned to BI architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services and meet timeline and financial targets.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Analyse and understand the existing Business Intelligence components combined with additional requirements on AWS
- Lead requirements workshops with scientific area stakeholders to understand processes / components / requirements
- Design the overall solution architecture including new data management, data integration and reporting layers based on AWS
- Steer and manage the implementation projects by providing necessary direction and guidance to implementation teams and being the quality assurance instance
- Integration into the overall team and alignment of development across the whole application landscape
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred with at least 5 years of experience in area of business intelligence and data management, with experience as data/solution architect
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud solutions. Solution Architect for at least one large scale modernization / transition project to Cloud (eg AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of AWS components, Apache Parquet, S3, AWS Glue and Amazon Redshift is a plus, as well as knowledge of technologies: Oracle (Database) and Informatica (ETL), other business intelligence tools and technologies
- Knowledge of pharma industry, clinical development and/or GxP processes is a plus
- Collaboration skills, excellent analytical thinking and self-organized, able to understand and design complex architecture, self-confident, able to explain, discuss and defend architectural design and decisions. Initiative and a passion for driving rapid technical advancement with innovative ideas. Excellent spoken and written English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, Bachelor
- Fields of Study Data Science / Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard