Computational Biology Data Scientist / Engineer (m/f/d)
Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim: Vienna Austria, Biberach Germany and Ridgefield USA. With immediate effect, we are currently hiring a Computational Biology Data Scientist/Engineer in Vienna, Austria for our global data team.
The computational biologist works as a member of a cross-site team, contributes to design and implementation of our data strategy to provide comprehensive data assets for computational biology teams globally. Large scale omics (NGS, proteomics) studies will represent the main data domain, complemented by imaging and rich phenotypic data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build key life science data assets across therapeutic areas according to FAIR principles
- Project Management for Data and Software initiatives
- Design and automatize processing pipelines and workflows for advanced data analytics
- Effectively interact with a global team of computational biologists and research IT
- Ph.D. degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or, Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
- In-depth understanding of existing bioinformatics databases and computational methods for bioinformatics data analysis
- Extensive experience in databases and Big Data frameworks
- Proficient with Linux environment, high performance computing clusters, and cloud computing
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Effects of COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
Who we are
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Data Science / Bioinformatics, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard