Data Steward Computational Biology (m/f/d)
Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (GCBDS) is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim including Vienna Austria, Biberach Germany and Ridgefield USA. With immediate effect, we are hiring a Data Steward in Vienna, Austria.
Biomedical research is turning into information science, with an ever-increasing availability of multi-omics data sets ranging from pre-clinical models to patient data. As Data Steward you support and drive the implementation and maintenance of sustainable and comprehensive data assets according to FAIR principles. You will actively contribute to the introduction and modelling of new data concepts, unlocking the full potential of data democratization.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a data steward you are responsible for overseeing data along the full life cycle
- In close interaction with other data stewards, you drive the incorporation of FAIR principles in everyday data management practices
- Within your domain, you are accountable for establishing and implementing data quality metrics, ensure internal adaptation of domain-specific data and metadata standards
- You identify, validate, and exploit new external data sources provided by academic and commercial partners
- In close collaboration with computational biologists, knowledge, and data engineers you contribute to processing and integration of complex data sets
- Master studies in molecular biology, bioinformatics, or a related field with several years of professional experience
- Experience in the analysis of one or more types omics data, e.g. RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics, etc
- Good understanding of FAIR principles for scientific data management
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages (R, Python, Julia)
- Familiarity with databases and database management systems (relational, NoSQL and graph data bases) is an asset
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Effects of Covid -19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Data Science / Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard