Early Pipeline Regional Medical Affairs Manager (f/m/d)
We are currently seeking for an Early Pipeline Medical Affairs Manager for our RCV region Regional Centre in Vienna. In this role you will ensure that within the RCV region, country specific stakeholder needs and market specifics in the RCV region are identified, analysed for implications for BI’s pipeline products and cross functionally aligned and fed back to the responsible global asset teams.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Builds and maintains scientific and medical expertise for BI’s early product pipeline assets
- Provides timely systematic scientific/medical input to corporate pipeline asset development plans and scientific platforms
- Identifies early for the RCV key markets key medical experts and opinion leaders and starts building a network and relationships
- Leads the mapping of existing regional/local patient journeys, treatment guidelines and identifies the gaps in patient diagnostic and disease management treatments
- Engages with local MDs/or external experts, health care professionals, key patient advocacy representatives to seek input on product/ data needs for key RCV markets
- Works in close collaboration with Regional Patient Advocacy Relations Manager to build early relationships with key patient advocacy representatives and Patient Organizations
- University degree (preferably M.D.) with sound clinical and bench research experience and (preferably 3+ years) experience in Pharmaceutical Industry or qualified to degree level, in pharmacy or biological sciences
- Solid pharma experience in Medical Affairs, Drug Development strategies, PV, GxP principles and Legal Compliance combined with profound understanding of market access and drug approval processes and complexity/differences within CEE countries
- Project management experience and superior organizational, analytical, decision making skills with strategic capabilities
- Sound medical and scientific leadership to drive high-priority projects in collaboration with matrix teams, regional/global BI counterparts and external partners
- Strong leadership in matrix group management, negotiation, communication, and excellence at motivating others.
- Business proficiency in English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Matthäus Vogel.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard