Your key responsibilities
- Set-up and maintenance of a Global Analytical Center of Reference for vitamins, carotenoids and other ingredients in premixtures and feeds supporting internal stakeholders and customer needs with timely delivery of validated results and analytical reports
- Develop an overall risk based approach and strategy for quality control, including lab equipment lifecycle and investment plan
- Defines the ANH QC laboratory strategy for internal and external laboratories incl. equipment needs (e.g. NIR, XRay Fluorescence testing) to support product and ingredients analysis
- Leads the regional laboratories (resources, testing cost, building up hubs for calibration curves for NIR, greenbook testing, etc.) as per defined in the strategy
- Accountable for harmonization of Quality Analytical plans of product and raw material across all sites
- Alignment of analytical methodologies
- Establish plan to define Center of reference for QC data management
- Defines and owns the supportive tools for QC processes (e.g. lab software/data management, LIMs)
- Lead and develop staff/ team
- BSc or MSc in Science with focus on analytical chemistry (degree in food chemistry is a plus)
- Expert technical knowledge in quality systems
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and industry standards (Pharmacopeia, ISO, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience leading a laboratory or 5 years of experience working in an analytical lab in the industry in a Life Sciences or pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Sound expertise in chromatographic separation techniques, incl. HPLC-MS/MS
- Project management skills
- Lean leadership and continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Travel readiness: 30%
The chance to shape DSM and its impact for years to come
A team that truly cares about sustainability, each other and our customers
A supportive environment where you’re empowered to grow and share your ideas
The encouragement you need to develop and achieve
A bright, courageous and curious mind
Enthusiasm and openness to learn on the job
Brilliant collaborative skills
A genuine passion to improve the lives of others
What else you need to know
Location: Tulln, Lower Austria; Homeoffice possible – Hybrid working model
Working hours: fulltime, 38,5 hours/week
Our recruitment process
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading us your resume in English via our career portal.
The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website. Due to privacy regulations, we can only actively interact with applications via our career portal.
Recruiter: Claudia Huber-Newman
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At DSM, we believe that a brighter future is built on diversity. We’re proud to offer equal employment opportunities and to be an affirmative action employer. That means that we consider applications based on how well suited you are for the role – regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability.