Laboratory Scientist Cancer Research – Digital Imaging (m/f/d)
This position will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team focused on developing innovative drugs for cancer patients. It offers a unique possibility to directly contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer therapies. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Receive and process tissue specimens as outlined in the policies and procedures
- Drive scientific innovation with a current focus on multiplexed assays and quantitative image analysis using digital pathology
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and techniques in the field by reading appropriate journals, books and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems, participate to scientific activities to enhance/improve operations
- MSc. in Medical technology and practical experience in histology
- Expertise in Digital pathology analysis platforms (Halo, visiopharm software, Qpath, Python)
- Sound knowledge in routine histology procedures, immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization assays employing automated staining platforms (such as Ventana Discovery Ultra, Leica Bond)
- Sound Knowledge of advanced immunohistochemistry methodologies such as multiplex IHC and in-situ hybridization analysis, signal amplification tools
- Practical experience in the field of tumour histopathology would be a plus
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Data Science / Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medicine
- Job-Reihung Standard