Laboratory Scientist Cancer Research ? Digital Imaging (f/m/d)
This position will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team focused on developing innovative drugs for cancer patients. It offers a unique possibility to directly contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer therapies. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. This contract is limited to the end of 2026.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Receive and process tissue specimens as outlined in the policies and procedures
- Drive scientific innovation with a current focus on multiplexed assays and quantitative image analysis using digital pathology
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and techniques in the field by reading appropriate journals, books and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems, participate to scientific activities to enhance/improve operations
- MSc. in Medical technology and practical experience in histology
- Expertise in Digital pathology analysis platforms (Halo, visiopharm software, Qpath, Python)
- Sound knowledge in routine histology procedures, immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization assays employing automated staining platforms (such as Ventana Discovery Ultra, Leica Bond)
- Sound Knowledge of advanced immunohistochemistry methodologies such as multiplex IHC and in-situ hybridization analysis, signal amplification tools
- Practical experience in the field of tumour histopathology would be a plus
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard