Laboratory Scientist in the NGS laboratory of Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Scientist to join our Next-Generation Sequencing Laboratory of the Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology team in Vienna. This position will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team, focused on translational and biomarker-related aspects of pre-clinical drug development for cancer patients. It offers a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of the development of novel cancer therapies, with focus on cancer cell directed and immunotherapeutic agents. The NGS Laboratory is equipped with cutting-edge technology platforms including a Biomek i7 automated workstation, Chromium iX and Visium CytAssist instruments, as well as Illumina NextSeq 2000 and NovaSeq 6000 sequencers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and further develop innovative genomic, epigenomic and transcriptomic methods, including single-cell and spatial profiling approaches.
This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Characterization of biomarkers for novel therapeutic approaches, supporting the development of novel cancer drugs with molecular and cellular biology expertise
- Independent planning, coordination, implementation and documentation of NGS and molecular biology experiments
- NGS library preparation and sequencer operation, initial QC assessment of data, troubleshooting on the wet-lab side
- Evaluation and implementation of custom NGS workflows tailored to specific pre-clinical drug development projects
- Close collaboration with a team of laboratory scientists and principal scientists, including other groups within the department (histopathology and molecular biology), and with colleagues from various other research functions (e,g, computational biology)
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g. molecular biology, genetics or oncology)
- A high degree of accuracy, reliability and strong commitment to high-quality data generation
- Experience in independent planning, implementation and documentation of molecular biology experiments
- Proactive mindset and friendly attitude, exceptional ability to work in an international team
- Outstanding communication skills, strong scientific interest including literature review for protocol establishment
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard