Laboratory Scientist in Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Scientist to join our Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology team in Vienna. This position will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team, focused on translational and biomarker-related aspects of pre-clinical drug development for cancer patients. It offers a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of the development of novel cancer therapies, with focus on immunotherapeutic agents. This is a 3-year fixed term contract with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Independent planning, coordination, implementation, analysis and documentation of in vitro and ex vivo experiments
- Characterization of biomarkers for novel therapeutic approaches, supporting the development of novel cancer drugs with molecular and cellular biology expertise.
- Analysis of mRNA/protein-based targets and immune cell populations in pre-clinical models with a focus on novel approaches aimed towards clinical implementation
- Experience with cancer immunology-related techniques (e.g. ELISA, FACS, ELISpot) is an advantage.
- Close collaboration within a team of laboratory scientists and principal scientists, with different groups within the department (histopathology, molecular biology and NGS groups) and with colleagues from various other research functions
- Training/supervision of students
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g. molecular biology, genetics, cancer immunology)
- Experience with independently planning, performing and documenting in vitro and ex vivo experiments
- Exceptional team-work and outstanding communication skills
- Strong scientific interest incl. literature search etc.
- Willingness to assume responsibility in a matrix set-up within a global department
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard