Master Thesis (f/m/d) – Biophysical Characterisation of new E3 ligases
Hijacking the Ubiquitin/Proteasome System (UPS) to eradicate disease causing proteins has grown to a completely new field of interest in drug discovery with the first exciting molecules in the clinic. Using new E3 ubiquitin ligases with different properties will complement the existing toolbox of standard E3s like Cereblon or von Hippel Lindau ligases. The master thesis work will be part of a bigger Postdoc project with the group of Structural Research in Vienna. The internship position (6-10 months duration) should start ideally as soon as possible, no later than September/October 2022. Please apply by sending your CV and a letter of motivation and the desired start date.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Supporting a postdoc project
- Establishing biophysical assays (e.g. NMR, SPR, ITC) to measure and characterize the cooperativity and ternary complex formation of PROTAC molecules with new E3 ligases
- Measuring complexes with Xray crystallography or cryo Electron Microscopy to determine the 3D structure of the ternary assemblies
- BSc Degree in Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology or equivalent qualification
- Hands-on experience with protein purification methods or biophysical measurements
- Background in protein chemistry
- Precise and reproducible work- and documentation-style
- Knowledge of Crystallography or cryo Electron Microscopy is a plus
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Igelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking Forward to rceiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Chemistry, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard