Mathematical Modeling Expert in Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology (f/m/d)
Boehringer Ingelheim RCV is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery centre for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, focused on pre-clinical biomarker research, we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented Mathematical Modelling Expert. This is a 3-year fixed term contract with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure timely delivery of state-of-the-art mathematical and simulation modelling approaches applied to system biology with emphasis in oncology biomarker research and drug discovery
- Develop modelling and simulation (M&S) and statistical approaches to analyse datasets, in particular generate models based on quantitative data from digital histopathology images in combination with other classes of spatially or non-spatially resolved biological and/or genomics data
- Drive and supervise modelling and simulation from external collaborations, peer reviewed publications as well as scientific presentations
- PhD in applied mathematics, systems biology or another related field
- Relevant experience in modelling & simulation in the pharmaceutical industry or academia is preferred
- Proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modelling in oncology
- Proficiency in (statistical) programming languages (e.g., R) and expertise in pharmacometrics tools (e.g. WinNonLin/ Phoenix including NLME, MatLab, Berkeley Madonna etc.)
- Sound knowledge of cancer biology
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate / work in international multi-disciplinary teams
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking Forward to receiving your application Online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard