Post-Doc Process Science Improvement of pDNA Manufacturing Processes (m/f/d) – 3 years fixed term
We are developing robust, high-yield production processes for microbial derived, recombinant biopharmaceuticals including process optimization and scale up to manufacturing. We are currently seeking for a Post-Doc with the focus of comprising research in the field of bioprocess development with special focus on development of pDNA manufacturing processes. Emphasis will be given on advancement of the proprietary platform process and further development of our analytical toolbox.
Please note that this is a 3-year limited contract.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Act as a scientific expert in development of new manufacturing processes & analytical methods
- Partner with development teams to solve complex problems that require your technical skills involving a holistic approach on process development from molecular biology to drug substance
- Engage in experimental planning and subsequent execution, analyses, and interpretation of process data to develop new manufacturing solutions
- As project leader and principal investigator, you prepare reports for running projects, proposals for new projects and drive implementation of findings into routine process development
- Support and inspire process development team with regards to innovative technical solutions
- Take over the supervision of students and project-related interfaces with other departments
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemistry or similar is a must combined with solid experience in bioprocess development using microbial systems
- Practical skills in downstream unit operations (e.g. chromatography, filtration)
- Profound understanding in industrial cultivation of microorganisms
- Knowledge in analytical technics such as HPLC, EC, AGE
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in German and English is required
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your Application Online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Matthäus Vogel.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Chemistry, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard