Postdoctoral Scientist Cancer Research (f/m/d), 3-year fix-term
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the group of Paola Martinelli within the department of Cancer Research at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV as soon as possible.
Embedded in a multidisciplinary environment you will explore innovative approaches for targeted protein degradation, with a special focus on characterizing novel E3 ubiquitin ligases. Promising strategies will be selected based on preliminary data available in the laboratory and carefully validated with state-of-the-art methods, towards in depth mechanistical understanding. While pursuing a basic research project in the lab, you will be exposed to several aspects of translational science during your Postdoc.
The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc program and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in biochemistry, cell biology, and chemical biology.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Perform research independently and keep accurate and up-to-date records of experiments
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with members from various scientific backgrounds
- Perform biochemical and chemical biology studies to mechanistically dissect the function of identified E3 ligases
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic experts in the field of targeted protein degradation
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
- PhD with strong background in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology. Background in Ubiquitin-Proteasome System is advantageous
- Knowledge of a programming language (preferably R) is a plus
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Creative thinking, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim’s Postdoc Programme
- The initial appointment is a 3-years fixed-term contract with potential for a 1 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI’s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Chemistry, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard