Principal System Analyst – IT OPS Global Engineering Integration Service (f/m/d)
Your future role will be part of the Global Engineering Integration Service team, consisting of Engineering and IT specialists, working in a truly global environment. You will be responsible to provide direction in the usage of state-of-the-art IT technologies and methodologies.
Utilizing your passion and knowledge, you will engage and consult with the engineering community to deliver and implement technology solutions that support the business objectives to improve productivity and enhance production processes. In parallel, you will leverage quality of delivery, security, and compliance.
We are looking for an excellent team player with hands-on mentality and problem-solving skills, who takes over accountability.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As an expert, you review and analyse IT and production processes and support the ongoing maintenance, optimize and provide 3rd level support
- Understand the needs of engineering regarding existing IT services, as well communicate gaps in IT services that you identified together with engineering
- Manage small to medium sized projects or play a key role within a large project team
- Consult business/engineering regarding the integration of Shop Floor Systems into the IT Infrastructure environment; support engineering in negotiations with vendors of production equipment, regarding IT requirements and needs of engineering
- Strong collaboration with the IT Infrastructure department and domain architects
- Excellent spoken and written English and German are mandatory in combination with very good communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar as well as professional experience with production equipment of manufacturing; very good understanding of IT infrastructure that is needed to run the production equipment and systems owned by engineering (experience in pharmaceutical, chemical or food industry is of advantage)
- Experience with the standards ISA 88 and ISA 95 and good understanding of OT/Automation architecture
- Enhanced knowledge of standard SCADA, DCS and PLC systems and the used communication protocols and interfaces like OPC
- Willingness and readiness to travel
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study IT / Bio-Sciences Combination, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard