Regional Medical Affairs Manager Epidemiology (f/m/d)
For our Medical Affairs Group, we are seeking for a Regional Medical Manager Epidemiology, who develops and implements real world evidence strategies for pipeline and marketed products in the country/region. Design and implement non-interventional (observational) studies in collaboration with internal and external partners. Develop and improve networks with cross-functional internal partners as well as with external stakeholders, such as local authorities, academic institutions, and external experts.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and report non-interventional (observational) studies, including drug intensive monitoring and post-approval commitments (e.g. voluntary or imposed PASS/PAES) that use real-world data (RWE), disease epidemiology and patient population characterization for development and marketed products, comparative studies of the real-world safety, effectiveness, healthcare resource utilization, and for cost comparisons between BI products and competitors
- Prepare product based RCV RWE strategy plans on yearly basis and execute according to established timelines for our pipeline assets, in cooperation with local, regional and global colleagues, including the headquarters Asset Evidence Teams
- Provide real world evidence and epidemiology advice and training to various in- and external stakeholders
- Provide critical review and input on: non-interventional study proposals, publications, expert statements and ‘white papers’ and data sources for RWE studies in the region
- Review, assess, and summarize medical literature to support study developments, regulatory responses, and internal decision making.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues to support real world evidence study activities and external collaborations as well as develop and implement a communication plan about RWE studies
- PhD/MD in epidemiology, outcomes research, health services research, etc. combined with at least three years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry (Pharma/Biotech preferred) or Master’s degree (MS/MPH/PharmD) from an accredited institution with minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Solid background in standard as well as new epidemiological methods, statistical skills, and medical/pharmacological knowledge
- Experience with healthcare claims and/or electronic medical record databases
- Basic pharmacovigilance knowledge and experience with local RWE data sources (e.g. Health claims data, electronic medical records and/or patient registry data)
- Sound communicator, and cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to work in virtual teams
- Open mindset, curious and ready to challenge the status quo
- Business proficiency in English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Matthäus Vogel.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Life Sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard