Regulatory Affairs Assistant
Entity: SAN Group Biotech US
SAN Agrow is the plant protection business unit of SAN Group. SAN Agrow contributes to sustainable agriculture by providing biotechnological crop protection, nutrients, and biostimulants. With successful products based on microorganisms or plant extracts, we contribute to more sustainable agriculture. Through in-house R+D, we gain new insights in the areas of microbial biocontrol agents, microbial fermentations, plant extracts, bio stimulants, as well as plant nutrition. In this way we create new products for expanding our portfolio for conventional and organic farming.
Do you have the passion to grow within a global organization? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for a self-driven, motivated Regulatory Assistant to join our Global and Diverse Regulatory department.
The Regulatory Affairs Assistant will be responsible for performing various duties such as maintaining existing organic product certifications, state registrations, completing new submissions, maintaining the regulatory database current, and interacting with other departments. This role will provide support to Department Heads for compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Assist in processing information – Compiling and/or verifying information or data for new or existing materials.
- Assist in preparing and submitting State fertilizer/pesticide registration.
- Monitor State registration submissions until approval is received and notifies Regulatory Manager
- Report to Regulatory Manager of any correspondence requesting label changes by State regulators.
- Assist in preparing and submitting Tonnage Reports to appropriate States while meeting submission deadlines.
- Perform day-to-day Administrative Activities, such as maintaining files and processing paperwork.
- Establish and Maintain Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining regulatory documentation databases or systems.
- Assist Regulatory Manager in updating existing Standard Operating Procedures whenever needed.
- Assist in preparing responses to customer requests for information, such as product data, written regulatory affairs statements.
- Assist in scheduling work and activities — Scheduling meetings, taking notes, and activities.
To grow in this position, it requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or agriculture, preferred.
- Experience on regulation and the regulatory process, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- At least two years of Regulatory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Well-structured/-organized, capable of working independently, good collaboration skills, analytical skills.
- Accurate and precise mode of operation
- Team player with the ability to work with timelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read and understand scientific documents.
- Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Seeing change as opportunity and not as a threat
We have a SANtastic culture, means for you:
- First name terms from trainee to owner
- No neckties and open doors
- Small teams to root-in and grow
- High degrees of freedom to create in a positive team atmosphere
- Flexible work hours
- Benefits such as team events, internal and external development programs, and more.
What else to know?
- You are rooted in Vista, California
- We appreciate your expertise for 40 hours/week.
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package ranging from $52,000.00 – $55,000.00 annual base salary ($25.00 – $26.00/hour), plus attractive benefits.
Our competitive Benefits include:
- 100% employer contribution toward medical and dental plans
- Voluntary plans, such as vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent care)
- 4% match on 401K plan (after one year of employment)
- PTO/SICK hours
- Paid holidays (including 1-week of paid holidays for Christmas/New Year)
Contact: Diana Lazaro
Process: Research + Development
Entity: SAN Group Biotech US
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, Bachelor
- Fields of Study Agriculture, Environment Sciences
- Job-Reihung Standard