Research Assistant – Vienna, Austria
Reporting to: Group Leader, Discovery
Do you have the passion and commitment to join a group whose mission is to develop treatments that have a clear and profound impact on patients suffering from rare diseases? Does it excite you to be a part of a patient-focused company developing potential new treatments that could dramatically improve the lives of patients with limited to no current treatment options? If yes, we encourage you to share with us your aspirations and career goals.
X4 is focused on restoring healthy immune system function by developing novel therapeutics to treat chronic neutropenic disorders, including WHIM syndrome, a rare primary immunodeficiency. We are advancing a novel, late-stage clinical candidate, mavorixafor, that we believe has the potential to become a new standard of care for patients with these disorders. We know that developing innovative, new medicines is challenging, and we invite new colleagues who share our values and commitment to join us in achieving our mission.
This opportunity will …
- Align with your values and grit, and passion for innovative science.
- Leverage your knowledge of research to support our innovative science and allow you to have a major impact on our mission to support our patients.
- Offer a collegial environment with a team-based approach, where our mission drives our values, behaviors, and creativity.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
X4 is a global company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with research facilities based in Vienna, Austria.
X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is located on the Campus Vienna Biocenter (Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Vienna) and is run by a team of highly motivated scientists and technicians who are dedicated to build a research center of excellence in the field of small molecule therapeutics. X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is currently offering a full-time employment contract for a Research Assistant – R&D.
The Research Assistant – R&D will participate in developing cell-based assays with a focus on primary immune deficiencies and genotype-phenotype correlations. Reporting to a Group Leader, main duties will include:
- Mammalian cell culture (cell lines, primary cells).
- Generation of stable cell lines.
- Routine molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, plasmid preparation).
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, chemotaxis, western blot assays.
- Compound profiling in functional and signaling assays.
- Experimentation with cell lines and patient samples.
- General lab support.
Requirements: Proven Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent with strong wet-lab experience (minimum of 2 years).
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, transfections, flow cytometry and other cell-based assays preferably in the field of cell biology and/or immunology.
- Experience with neutrophil or other immune cell biology would be advantageous.
- Basic data analysis (Excel, GraphPad).
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed.
- High accuracy, reliability, and precision under time pressure.
- Organizational skills, positive and flexible mind-set, team player.
We are offering:
- A strong, dedicated, and multinational team of scientists and technicians.
- An open, transparent, and collegiate working environment.
- Opportunities for your personal and career development and to play a key role in a growing international research centre.
We encourage you to learn more about X4 Pharmaceuticals. Click on the links below!
In accordance with Austrian employment law, the minimum gross salary p.a. for the position is EUR 37,589.44 which we will adjust according to your qualifications, skills, and expertise.
Please send your cover letter referring to the position “Research Assistant – R&D” and resume specifying your technical skills in English to email@example.com (go to Application button↓↓)
Please read our X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH Privacy Notice for Applicants, which you will find on our website by following this link: https://www.x4pharma.com/careers/
X4 Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English via E-Mail (go to Application button↓↓)
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, Bachelor
- Fields of Study Biology, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine
- Job-Reihung Standard