About X4 Pharmaceuticals
X4 is focused on restoring healthy immune system function by developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases.
Our first-in-class, oral, small molecule therapeutics are antagonists of chemokine receptor CXCR4, which have the potential to treat a broad range of rare diseases, including Inborn Errors of Immunity (IEI) and cancer. A number of IEI are attributed to the improper trafficking of immune cells related to the CXCR4 receptor and its ligand CXCL12.
X4 Pharmaceutical’s lead product candidate, mavorixafor (X4P-001), is a potentially first-in-class, once-daily, oral inhibitor of CXCR4, currently in a Phase 3 clinical trial for the treatment of WHIM syndrome, a rare, inherited, primary immunodeficiency disease caused by genetic mutations in the CXCR4 receptor gene. Mavorixafor has demonstrated proof-of-concept in WHIM syndrome in a Phase 2 trial, including clinically meaningful increases in neutrophil and lymphocyte biomarker counts, as well as a trend of reduction in infection rates and wart burden, and a favorable safety profile. Mavorixafor was recently granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of adult patients with WHIM syndrome and was granted orphan drug status by the FDA in 2018 and by the European Commission in 2019 for the treatment of WHIM syndrome.
Mavorixafor is also being developed by X4 to treat Severe Congenital Neutropenia (SCN), Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia (WM), and clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC).
X4’s research and development facility in Vienna, Austria, X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is located on the Campus Vienna Biocenter (Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Vienna) and is run by a team of highly motivated scientists and technicians who are dedicated to build a Center of Research Excellence in the field of small molecule
therapeutics. X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH is currently offering a fixed-term for 18 months, a full-time employment contract for a
Research Associate – Translational Sciences (located in Vienna, Austria)
Fixed-Term, 18 months
Summary of the position:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Research Associate – Translational Sciences with a
strong background in immunology (B, T, monocytic, macrophage and NK cells) to support the development of in
vitro assays and sample analyses of our translational in vivo research in primary immune deficiencies, cancers and
neurodegeneration as well as new indications. Reporting to a scientist, the main duties will include:
- Immune and/or neuronal cell research and establishment of new molecular biology techniques and protocols
- Mammalian cell culture
- Multi-colour flow cytometry, ELISA, WB, ELISpot and microscopy
- Cell-based functional assays (migration, differentiation)
- Routine molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning)
- Sample management and handling in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) laboratory setting
Qualifications and skills:
- PhD in relevant field (e.g. cellular immunology, oncology, neurodegeneration, hematology), or Master degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, multi-colour flow cytometry including intracellular (cytokine) staining, serology, ELISA, WB and ELISpot
- Experience working with bacterial/viral pathogens and patient samples in functional assays and BSL2 is an advantage
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed
- High accuracy, reliability, precision with sense of urgency
- Organizational skills and flexible mind-set
We are offering:
- A strong, dedicated and multinational team of scientists and technicians
- An open, transparent and collegial working environment
- Opportunities for your personal development and to play a key role in a growing international research center
In accordance with Austrian employment law, the minimum monthly gross salary for the position is EUR 38.920,00 which we are willing to adjust according to your qualifications, skills and expertise.
Please send your cover letter referring to the position “Research Associate – Translational Sciences” and resume specifying your technical skills in bullet point format in English (go to Application button↓↓)
Please read our X4 Pharmaceuticals (Austria) GmbH Privacy Notice for Applicants, which you will find on our website by following this link: https://www.x4pharma.com/careers/
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard