Research Laboratory Scientist: Cancer Immunology (f/m/d) 2-year-fixed-term
Assay integration is part of the high-throughput biology group in Vienna working in the field of early drug discovery. To support our research teams in developing new therapeutics in oncology for the benefit of our patients we are currently seeking a creative and enthusiastic scientist to join our data processing team.
You will work in a multidisciplinary environment, collaborating with internal teams and external partners. In your position you will focus on data integration of various analytical assays into our database to support data-driven decision-making. This is a 3-year fixed term contract with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Managing workflows covering all aspect of data processing, such as data transformations, data cleaning, and internal/external data integration
- Contributing to standardization efforts and compiling documents and templates to guide bench scientists
- Establishing quality standard
- BSc. degree in life sciences, computational biology, or equivalent
- Fluency in English to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to interpret cellular, biochemical, and biophysical assay protocols
- Strong interest formulating simple instructions to manage complex processes
- Experience in data handling and basic statistical concepts in Excel
- Willingness to learn scripting languages for data governance
- Knowledge of basic approaches of quality control is a plus
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Life Sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard