Research Laboratory Scientist Chemistry (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative synthetic organic chemist to join us as a research laboratory scientist in our medicinal chemistry department at Boehringer Ingelheim in Vienna. The ideal candidate seeks to work independently in a laboratory-based environment, interacting with a team of motivated chemists. The successful candidate will apply their expertise to the execution and optimization of synthetic routes to intermediates and new compounds for our oncology research programs.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Execute multi-step syntheses on milligram to (low) multigram scale, including isolation and purification of the resulting compounds
- Document experimental procedures and results with accuracy and high scientific standard
- Perform literature searches on reaction conditions or synthetic routes, propose reaction conditions or synthetic routes to new target compounds
- Take a proactive role in laboratory safety, and general responsibilities in the lab, e.g. maintaining equipment
- Communicate results, learnings and challenges within the team effectively, to both, colleagues and line managers
- BSc or MSc in chemistry or technical training in synthetic chemistry (HTL) or equivalent qualifications / work experience
- Experience in theoretical and practical organic chemistry with excellent lab skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate in German advantageous.
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative teams and fast-paced environments
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Diana Frommwald.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
Job –Research & Development
Primary Location– Europe-AT-Vienna-Vienna
Organization – AT-Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG (Austria)
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, HTL, HBLA, Matura, Abitur
- Fields of Study Chemistry
- Job-Reihung Standard