Research Laboratory Scientist – In Vivo Cancer Pharmacology (f/m/d)
As of now we are seeking in vivo Research Laboratory Scientists to join the Cancer Pharmacology and Disease Positioning Department. The positions will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team focused on discovering and characterizing innovative drugs for cancer patients. It offers a unique possibility to directly contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer therapies.
This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Independent planning, coordination, execution, analysis and documentation of in vivo experiments using murine models
- Performing cell culture in preparation for the in vivo experiments
- Continuous development and optimization of methods and techniques
- Supporting the discovery and characterization of novel therapeutic approaches and innovative cancer drugs with in vivo expertise
- Communication of results and new insights across multifunctional teams and training of co-workers/new colleagues
- Relevant education (e.g.: Bachelor/Master’s degree in biology or a related discipline; or apprenticeship as a biology lab technician) and ideally 1 year or more laboratory experience
- Of advantage is hands-on experience with in vivo studies (EU cat. A laboratory animal training of advantage) including surgical procedures, as well as a good understanding of current concepts in cancer research
- Strong team spirit, communication, as well as outstanding data analysis and data management skills
- Strong commitment to animal ethics and the 3Rs
- Self-organized and independent working style, creative thinking and a lateral mindset
- Solid command of English and advantage to speak German
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further interesting information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, Bachelor
- Fields of Study Biology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard