Scientist in vivo studies (m/f/d), full-time
Tasks & responsibilities
- Plan, accompany and evaluate in vivo studies performed at CROs and other partners testing our innovative novel viral therapeutics.
- Coordinate and perform analysis of samples generated in the in vivo studies.
- Actively work with cooperation partners and the Boehringer Ingelheim pharmacology group to establish mouse tumor models and support transfer to external contract manufacturing organizations (CMO)
- Actively participate in the design, development, characterization and validation of analytical methods
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs. Write project and study plans and sound scientific reports; present and discuss data in the project review team
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams and external partners; scientific presentation of work in project meetings and scientific conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
- PhD in Biology, DVM in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent, ideally 3 years of PostDoc or industry experience
- Profound expertise regarding in vivo studies in small laboratory rodents, experience with larger animal species is a benefit.
- Knowledge of mouse and rat tumor models, ideally hands on experience on such models.
- Hands-on experience on molecular analysis of specimens taken from animal experiments.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowering combined with accountability is highly supported.
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications.
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- Proficient in MS-Office
- This function provides the unique opportunity to participate actively in the research and early development of novel virus-based cancer therapies at the interface of science and translation. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 58.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
Ready to contact us?
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Bart Spiesschaert, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
Job – Research & Development
Primary Location– Europe-AT-Tirol
Organization – AT-Vira Therapeutics GmbH
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Biology, Veterinary Medicine, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard