Senior Automation Support Engineer, DACH (m/f/d)
Our client is a leading global laboratory automation company offering instruments as well as a most robust laboratory software, enabling researchers to immediately adapt and re-adapt to their science, technology, and organization.
To further support the company’s strong business growth, we are seeking a Senior / Level 2 Automation Support Engineer, Germany/Austria/Switzerland (m/f/d).
Your customers will be pharmaceutical biotech or academic researchers, seeking to create data factories, connecting their instrumentation with informatics for unprecedented levels of productivity in drug discovery, high-throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science, molecular diagnostics, and more applications.
You will be responsible for software installation/updates, and further maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of automation system at customer sites. The position is specialized on the software and integration aspects of the products, coordinating with hardware-focused Field Service Engineers for full coverage support of the products.
The role requires travel, incl. overnight stays, within the territory.
You are home-office based, ideally in the Berlin area, or close to another international airport.
After having received an in-depth training on the products you will work in a dynamic, international team, reporting to the Regional Customer Support Manager, Europe.
The position offers an attractive and competitive salary package including insurances, car allowance, home office equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain a range of devices, systems, and automation platforms regularly utilizing virtual and remote technologies.
- Deploy and calibrate robotic systems at customer sites.
- Provide rapid response to customer support requests; initiate troubleshooting, prioritize product issues.
- Collaborate with hardware-focused Field Service Engineers, and operations teams to deploy device updates, system upgrades, and relocations at customer sites.
- Organize and self-manage scheduling, and achieving tasks and objectives in a timely and customer-focused manner: draft and submit bug/issue tickets; code review and troubleshooting.
- Develop customer relationships through proactive and approved communication to ensure customer engagement, customer referrals, and overall customer success.
- Train customers on routine and advanced operations of software and automation systems.
- Mentor and train junior-level Automation support Engineers; contribute to overall professionalism and service delivery excellence of Customer Service.
- Manage and maintain software and device driver documentation and packages in a timely manner; draft and submit bug/issue tickets; code review and troubleshooting; write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Regular co-ordination with software development, commissioning, and product teams to achieve tier-2/tier-3 issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, robotics, or biomedical engineering; or science degree with direct experience in software or automation engineering.
- Ideally, 3 years plus experience – field based or in-house – in a technical support or customer-facing support role. Preference for experience in scheduling software, laboratory automation software and drivers, robotics, or laboratory instrumentation integration and software.
- C#, JAVA, C++ or other object-oriented programming.
- Experience with JIRA, GitHub or similar software development applications, communication protocols; relational databases are advantageous.
- Work independently and proactively to solve technical issues on products and demonstrate clear application of training and competency in problem-solving.
- Fundamental written and oral skills in communication of technical and non-technical, eventually sensitive, information to customers and colleagues at multiple organizational levels.
- Valid driver’s license; ability to travel to customer sites, with overnight domestic travel up to 30%. Occasional international travel required.
Interested in this position? We look forward to receiving your questions, or your application!
Dr. Astrid Bruynck, Managing Partner, NotchDelta Executive Search
T: +49 – 7665 – 947 4843
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.