Senior Data Governance Manager (f/m/d)
Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for a (Senior) Data Governance Manager for its regional Center of Excellence team “EUCAN Advanced Analytics” located in Vienna. The members of this team will be responsible for driving advanced analytics capabilities and providing business-critical insights in the area of Human Pharma (Marketing & Sales, Medicine), and make them available to various user groups across EUCAN region (Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Israel, Canada).
This position will help bringing unique value to the organization by fostering insights, expertise, and collaboration across all EUCAN markets. It will support decision making in EUCAN, by leveraging high-quality analytical expertise and driving standardized and consolidated insights, to empower teams to focus on patient and customer engagements.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will be responsible for all aspects of data management (maintenance, quality, and governance) to support data processing and integration, and dashboard development
- You will manage the data supply chain for our current and potential data assets, including exploration, sourcing, and vendor management
- You will manage all EUCAN related data maintenance needs including definitions, mappings, enrichment etc.
- You will be the interface between technical partners and external data providers
- You will conduct the awareness and training sessions on topics around data management, data quality and data governance and moderate the user community across the region
- University degree (Economics / Computer Science / Business Informatics) and/or several years’ experience in a similar position as data governance manager or data steward, preferably in pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of databases and data modelling, and ability to write complex queries in SQL; Experience with data governance processes and systems (e.g. Collibra)
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems; take initiative on finding innovative solutions to challenges
- Demonstrated ability with standard business software including a high proficiency in MS Office, very good communication, presentation, and organizational skills, good understanding of data hygiene and data enrichment/ augmentation
- Basic knowledge of database technology and architecture (e.g. Oracle, Exasol, Informatica, etc.) as well as ETL in combination with visualization tools (particularly Tableau) and scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) to perform data analysis
- Fluency in oral and written English. German or any other language is a plus
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 52,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Effects of Covid-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Junior (1-3 years), Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Economy/Bio-Sciences Combination, Data Science / Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Public Health / Health Management, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard