Senior Product Manager – Romer Labs
Location: Austria, Tulln, Getzersdorf
Romer Labs is a global leader in innovative diagnostic solutions for food and feed safety. With a focus on mycotoxins, food allergens, GMOs, and microbial contaminants, we strive to meet the ever-changing demands of our customers while upholding our reputation for exceptional service. Romer Labs is part of dsm-firmenich.
For more information see www.romerlabs.com
At Romer Labs and dsm-firmenich people are at the heart of the company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity in the workplace.
Your key responsibilities:
The product manager is instrumental in shaping and driving a product’s lifecycle. In this role you craft product strategies based on customer insights, charting a clear roadmap from ideation to commercialization. You will work in cross-functional teams with R&D, production, and sales, while also overviewing and constantly reviewing the product value chain. Engaging continuously with customers, you will refine products based on feedback. Your financial savvy helps to support pricing strategy with market demands. With an analytical mindset, you will monitor product performance within the respective competitive environment and work closely with marketing and sales, ensuring effective product positioning and outreach.
- An environment where you can grow and share your ideas
- Home office work policy and thus a hybrid workplace for your flexibility
- Attractive benefits such as optional Klimaticket for whole Austria (after 6 months of employment) supported canteen, company sports programs, accident insurance for work and private incidents , fresh fruit and free drinks
- Ergonomic and state-of-the-art office equipment in sustainable, modern office buildings
- Parking available and public transport (city train Vienna – Tulln – Getzersdorf – St. Pölten) in close walking distance
- Diverse employees who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, food chemistry, or similar.
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in product management and/or food and feed safety commercial role (e.g. sales).
- Sufficient technical background to understand the assay- and technology platforms used in food and feed safety and effectively communicate with R&D and production teams. Ability to bridge the gap between technical teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep empathy and intuition to understand customer needs and pain points. Prior experience with direct customer interaction is a clear advantage.
- A creative and innovative mindset to identify new opportunities, explore and evaluate options to come to the best solution.
- Excellent communication skills (English, German is an advantage)
dsm-firmenich and Romer Labs is fully dedicated to inclusion because when people feel engaged and empowered, their creativity and innovation drives unprecedented progress. We aim to build a workplace where opportunity really is equal, so everyone can thrive. We do not discriminate: there’s a place for everyone at dsm-firmenich.
dsm-firmenich and Romer Labs is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our people are as diverse as our customers. For us that includes a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We are committed to providing reasonable support for disabled applicants in our recruiting process. Should you need assistance, and are comfortable to share this, please let us know.
Our recruitment process
Interested in this position? Please apply online by uploading your resume in English via our career page.
As innovators in nutrition, health, and beauty, dsm-firmenich reinvents, manufactures, and combines vital nutrients, flavors, and fragrances for the world’s growing population to thrive. With our comprehensive range of solutions, with natural and renewable ingredients and renowned science and technology capabilities, we work to create what is essential for life, desirable for consumers, and more sustainable for the planet. dsm-firmenich is a Swiss-Dutch company, listed on the Euronext Amsterdam, with operations in almost 60 countries and revenues of more than €12 billion. With a diverse, worldwide team of nearly 30,000 employees, we bring progress to life™ every day, everywhere, for billions of people.
Please note this is a direct search led by dsm-firmenich/Romer Labs. We only accept applications from candidates, not from agencies nor subject to agency’s fees, percentages or similar.