Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ)
The Helmholtz Institute HI-TRON is a collaboration of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) with the Research Institute for Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (TRON gGmbH), the University Medical Center Mainz and the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz. The goal of the partnership is to develop effective immunotherapies and to identify novel biomarkers for assessing the effectiveness of treatment.
We are looking for an excellent researcher with a strong expertise in the field of personalized immunotherapies. The position will serve to establish a translational research group close to the University Medical Center at the Johannes Gutenberg University, and support Prof. Dr. Özlem Türeci, who is a member of the HI-TRON Mainz Scientific Management Board, in leading her research group at HI-TRON Mainz.
Candidates with an outstanding scientific track record and research program will have the opportunity to gain experience in co-supervising a research group, mentoring graduate students and postdocs, and guiding technical staff. In addition to personnel responsibility, you will be responsible for scientific project management and the acquisition of third-party funding. On site, you become a key contact person for scientific matters of the department.
- You are a highly motivated and ambitious clinician scientist (with completed studies in medicine and a PhD, MD, or MD-PhD degree) with more than 5 years of postdoctoral experience at the time of application (periods of parental leave, care leave, or unavoidable downtime will be considered).
- Several years of professional experience in managing research projects is required, as well as the willingness to manage complex projects in an international setting across the institute and with collaboration partners, especially in the interface of basic, applied and clinical research.
- Applicants should have experience in presenting their research in an international surrounding (e.g. presentation at poster sessions, retreats, etc.).
- You have profound knowledge in the field of personalized medicine, the handling of primary human tumor tissue, and management of patient data.
- The large interest in the identification of new tumor biomarkers and the experience in supporting the transfer of laboratory research to clinic would be a strong plus.
- The scientist should bring a very structured, precise and independent working attitude, an analytical way of thinking, and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English are expected, German language skills are desired but not mandatory.
- Enthusiastic team players with very good communication skills are favored.
- Interesting, versatile workplace International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- The position is limited to 5 years.
- The position can in principle be part-time.
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG). As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles may work at the DKFZ. For further information please contact Julia Neuhaus, phone . The DKFZ is committed to increase the proportion of women in all areas and positions in which women are underrepresented. Qualified female applicants are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal …read more.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebs forschungs zentrum, Personal abteilung, Im Neuen heimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apolo gize for any inconvenience this may cause. …read more
Job provided by our network-partners
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years), Expert ( >7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH
- Fields of Study Medicine
- Job-Reihung Standard