What You’ll Do
The main purpose of the role of Senior Solution Engineer is to define, set-up, and manage the service portfolio for services we deliver to the DSM business. The position also acts as India Team primus-inter-pares, responsible for day to day steering and management of the team members based in India.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for the first-time right delivery (time, scope, and budget) of the Digital solution according to the requirements specification, non-functional requirements and against the architectural standards.
As a lead, he/she orchestrates the solution delivery with the different developers, vendors and services across the application domain and infrastructure landscape. The delivered solutions should be in-line with industry best practices and the future roadmap of the software / infrastructure vendors.
The solution engineer is responsible to make the IT solution and required service ready for effective service delivery. He/she manages partners in a global environment and maintains the right balance between challenging a supplier and maintaining and engaging partnership.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist the chapter lead with the budget preparation, SLA discussions and manage services in scope.
- Engage in, or help develop, governance processes that ensure systems compliance to solution computing architectures.
- Provide technical leadership, consultancy at initiation and design stages within projects, and other changes which impact the hybrid solution platform.
- Write clear and concise documentation that is consistent design principles.
- Work with agile leads to ensure that project deliverables, such as Project Initiation.
- Ensure documents, Project Briefs, resource forecasts and plans are realistic and achievable.
- Engage in research and development towards innovative architecture and technical solutions that may provide business benefit.
- Identify and promote innovative technologies that provide value as business enablers or create improvements in business process, cost, performance, and sustainability.
- Provide integration skills and experience to ensure the interoperability of new and existing solutions.
- Assist in the production of technical roadmaps providing guidance on short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to internal and federated Solution Architects to ensure compliance to expected technical and quality standards.
- Responsible for populating the Architecture Reference Library and ensuring the process of saving intellectual capital back into the reference library to build up a stock of reusable artefacts.
- Provide a technical escalation point for first/second line support where appropriate and manage the escalation of unresolved infrastructure issues to appropriate third party support suppliers.
- Is capable to operate in GxP/CSV qualified environments and assures such compliance.
- Maintain existing solutions across a broad technical application and infrastructure landscape
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or preferably University Master Degree in information management & technologies
- Excellent knowledge of specialized systems in areas such as LIMS, C(hromatography)DS, ERP, GRC.
- Familiarity with Lab, Research & Development, and Science & Innovation environments
- Knowledge of Electronic Document Management solutions is a plus
- Infrastructure knowledge such as Firewall, Network Segmentation and security by design (DevSecOps), Windows, Unix, Linux, Object / Report Builders, etc
- Knowledge or willingness to learn new digital technologies like Azure, AWS, Power Platform is a plus.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn native SaaS solutions on platforms such as Azure, AWS, AliCloud.
- Knowledge of ITIL/SIAM (service management, service delivery processes, and lifecycle management); Proven problem management and resolution skills
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM (doing and being agile)
- General knowledge about the other IT domains (security/compliance, workplace, connectivity, enterprise applications, ERP systems, reporting, OT, R&D)
- Experience in complex software development environments and interfaces (analysis, cost estimates, planning, design, development, deploy)
- Understanding of and experience with IT architecture, IT security and IT operations
- Significant experience with DevOps and CI / CD using Azure DevOps Pipelines and Repos
- Good knowledge of different types of business applications (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, etc.) and their potential usage
- Used to work in an agile, multicultural environment
- Excellent customer and business relations skills
- Good communication skills in English and German to be able to communicate with senior management and local staff
An environment where you can grow and share your ideas
The encouragement you need to develop and achieve your goals
Attractive benefits such as optional Klimaticket for whole Austria (after 6 months of employment), supported canteen, company sports programs, accident insurance for work and private incidents , fresh fruit and free drinks,
Parking available and public transport (city train Vienna – Tulln) in close walking distance
What else is there to know?
Your place of work: Tulln, Lower Austria
Type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
This position is available immediately (we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired date)
We offer you an income that is based on your qualifications and market conditions, starting at a yearly gross salary of 70.000 Eur. Overpayment is possible.
Our recruitment process
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our career portal.
The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website. Due to privacy regulations, we can only actively interact with applications via our career portal.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com