(Trainee) Lab Scientist Bioprocess Development (m/f/d), full-time
Tasks & responsibilities
- Develop and implement innovative upstream or downstream technologies for efficient manufacturing of oncolytic viruses.
- Optimize upstream and downstream process development.
- Carry out regular USP/DSP runs with previously established SOPs.
- Cultivate mammalian cells in bioreactor, propagation, concentration, and polishing of virus-based biologics.
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project and study plans and scientific reports; data presentation and discussion in the project team.
- BMA, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Microbiology, Life Sciences or equivalent with a focus on upstream and/or downstream process development or cell culture.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of one or more of these techniques: bioreactors, adherent & suspension cell cultures, cell line development/engineering, preparative chromatography or tangential-flow filtration.
- Ability and willingness to work proactively with hands-on approach in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team player with good communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowerment combined with accountability is highly supported.
- The position requires English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- Proficient in MS-Office
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exciting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 38.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
Ready to contact us?
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Tobias Nolden, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Please upload your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
- Experience Level Professional (3-7 years)
- Academic Degree University / FH, Bachelor
- Fields of Study Biology, Technical Bio-Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences in general
- Job-Reihung Standard